twitter




Saturday, June 19, 2010

Any tips for looking for work in state with highest unemployment rate in USA?

I%26#039;m from out of state so I have no local references. I tried volunteering, but here you have to apply to volunteer the same way as a paying job. I went back to school and I%26#039;m working on a degree, but I need a job NOW.



The only thing I haven%26#039;t done is hold a gun to someone%26#039;s head and force them to hire me.



Any tips for looking for work in state with highest unemployment rate in USA?apply for a loan





Do you mean the %26quot;lowest%26quot; unemployment rate? It%26#039;s going to be even more difficult looking for work in an area with significant unemployment. You want a region where employment is on the rise.



Any tips for looking for work in state with highest unemployment rate in USA? loan



Option A - move



OPtion B - lower your standards and take any job you can get - I%26#039;m sure there is a 7-11 that will hire you.|||Hi,



It%26#039;s kind of hard to give you some ideas for your resume without knowing you, but I can offer some suggestions while you are job searching:



The most important thing to remember about job searches is that you should use a combination of methods regardless of your location.



Networking - Register at your local Unemployment Office (you don%26#039;t need to be on unemployment to register for their assistance). They often will have networking groups on a regular basis. They also are a good source for the jobs that never show up in the paper or online.



Check your local paper -- In many cases the paper%26#039;s classified are now online.



Search Smart Online -- If you don%26#039;t have a lot of time, spend most of your time at sites that aggregate the job feeds from several job search engines. Prominently these include indeed.com and thingamajob.com.



Organization -- I use a free online application that allows you to track your ads, jobs you apply for, send or print mail merged correspondence, and track your job search history. This site is jobsearchlog.com and it has been very useful to me, please go and check it out!



Good Luck,



Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment